Monday, April 2, 2012

I like to MOVE it MOVE it...Maybe?

So...I'm attempting to find my 'Move It" Mojo before full time training for the triathlon begins. (and PS...I'm a ditz and have been saying AND spelling that word WRONG! It's triathlon...not triathalon...LOL)

Anyways, I can't say that I like it yet (Because really...I'm lazy and LOVE my couch) but this time it does feel different. Maybe, I'm finally doing this for myself. It's great to have people around to support me, but I think maybe I've relied on them a little too much in the past....unknowingly making them my crutch.

When the family was here, I got up early on a rainy Saturday, and briskly walked a mile. It took me a while to do this, but hey...it was a start. It was actually kinda tough. I used to walk back in Philadelphia. Everywhere, on a daily basis, but this small walk challenged me. I kinda got made at myself, and that forced me to walk faster. By the end of the walk, I was red, out of breath, and sweaty. Here's the good thing though...I thought it would exhaust me, but I was actually quite energized throughout that day. Who knew something so small would have such an effect on me.


Since then I've actually shocked myself...



The training program for the triathlon offers a beginners boot camp. Those  two words in themselves scare the beejesus out of me, but I needed to see if I could do this. We met at a park and you could feel the apprehension amongst the new people... We stretched a little, and got started. There were squats, crunches, bear crawls, jogging, and this evil thing called the plank. I could not believe I had done all of these things by the time an hour had passed. This fat chick got her butt kicked, and she didn't mind at all. I pushed some limits, and I was kinda impressed with myself.


I'm also trying to pick up some Zumba classes along the way.

So...Do I like to MOVE it MOVE it? Not yet, but I'll get there. 

My husband is always telling me I'm stronger then I know...A little part of me might actually believe he's right. But don't tell him I said so...

3 comments:

  1. Reminds me of one of my very favorite quotes...

    "Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." -Christopher Robin to Pooh

    ...and you are.
    Love ya girly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...from Winnie the Pooh? That's beautiful! Love that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, the Winnie the Pooh comment is AWESOME. But not as awesome as you for going out there and trying this triathlon stuff. (I spelled it wrong my whole life too, apparently.) The rest of the fat chicks are back here cheering you on, darlin. Go forth and conquer!

    ReplyDelete