Friday, April 13, 2012

Cankle Free Work Zone!

It's probably no shock for anyone to know that I don't have the most positive self image. I mean...I know I'm loved by my wonderful husband, surrounded by equally awesome family and friends, but I'm probably one of the most self-conscious people you could ever meet. It's really hard for me to accept a compliment!


Aside from being around a few friends that I feel REALLY comfortable around; I noticed recently that I've been covering up a lot more then usual.

For a while there, I had been coming out of my shell a bit. I was wearing cute little shirts, and capris and such. But here lately, I've kind of gone back in.

Even though it's starting to get warm, I'm really nervous about wearing shorts, putting on my swimsuit, and on top of that...I'm gonna get fit for some proper work-out clothes.

For those of you that are experienced in the ways of fitness, you know these clothes don't hide anything. You're squeezed in for proper support, but at any given moment could probably pop out like a fresh can of biscuits.

How in the world is it easier for me to step out in front of an audience of a thousand people or more, but shrink away from the thought of wearing bright colors or being comfortable in one of those pretty summer dresses? Somewhere along the way, I've lost my inner Diva. She's in there hiding...I can feel her, and I'm hoping that training for this triathlon will help her come out somewhere along the way.

On a positive note, I've been eating lots of fruits and veggies. I'm guessing this is helping with fluid retention (ha ha...I know! Sexy, right ?!?!) I looked down last night and could see my ankles again! I got all bouncy and excited. I even ran into the bedroom to show my husband! He smiled at me...It was awesome.

I have henceforth declared my life a Cankle Free Work Zone!

I wanna look down at those pretty little ankles and embrace my change...I want to be happy with who I am...and I wanna make my inner-self smile the way my husband smiled at me last night...

No comments:

Post a Comment