Wednesday, March 28, 2012

A weekend to remember...

So I'm just now starting to catch up with myself after a whirlwind weekend! My husband's family was in town for a birthday celebration and boy I'll tell you...I was jumping on and off the wagon faster then a kid on a pogo stick!

I definitely let food rule my weekend, and I've gotta be more conscious about my efforts in the future. My husband, his family, and myself are a bunch of pretty good cooks and I have a hard time resisting a GOOD home cooked meal! 

Now, I don't wanna write too much about my indulgences, so I'll just give you a recap of the best and the worst of my decisions.


Best Indulgent decision = Mom's Baked Ziti.

I know the family all loves this...and boy so do I! This meal is always worth it, especially when she cooks it, But like I said...in the future I'll just have to watch portion control. 

Worst Indulgent Decision = Red Velvet Cupcake



I have a weakness for cupcakes of ALL kinds and this made my mouth water. But seriously...it was more then $3 and it was mostly gooey cream cheese frosting. You know...the kind that leaves a sugary coat in your mouth! There was barely any cake, and it was also filled with a sweet cream cheese. This is the first cupcake that ever made me go, blech!

There were definitely other yummies involved...my Husband cooked, as did his Brother. Heck, I even made one hell of a brunch. I just get so excited when people visit...I always want them to leave full and happy. Maybe next time I'll include a few salads in our meals.  LOL
 

Waking up on Saturday for a brisk walk / jog was also not enough to counter the deliciousness that was this weekend. So...a few lessons have been learned by this fat chick. I won't regret any of my decisions, because time spent with family is always a joy...but I'll just do better in the future. 

Until next time, Big squishy hugs...and thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment