Monday, April 16, 2012

Freaking Out and Looking Toward the Future

Well...It's official!

I will be racing in the Rambling Rose Triathlon in Rock Hill, SC on July 15th!

I was bouncy for about half a minute, and now I'm kinda freaking out.

My 12 week training session starts this week, and I'm scared. I did a little shopping over the weekend, bought a bike helmet and some clothes, took my bike in for a tune up, and now reality is setting in...Well, more like self-doubt and internal panic are setting in.

This always happens to me before any major event in my life. My palms are freezing, and I'll probably not be able to concentrate all day. But I can't let my brain get the best of me. I won't let it win. I'm tired of letting it win.

When you say the word triathlon, it sounds huge, and unattainable.

My brain HATES numbers...and it did the same thing to me when I decided to tackle a 5K. Once it was pointed out to me that a 5K was only a little over 3 miles, the acceptance process kicked in.

That's about where I am today with the triathlon. Acceptance.  

• 225 yd pool swim

• 10 mile bike

•2 mile run

Deep Breaths....Deep Breaths...I WILL do this!

When all is said and done, The 'Ramblin Rose' will be my reward.  











2 comments:

  1. That's awesome! I know you can do it and I am cheering for you every step of the way woman!

    ReplyDelete