Monday, April 23, 2012

Bicycle! Bicycle!

Well folks, training is in full swing, and I am super excited! Except for maybe one thing...OH MY GOD! Who gets up before 7am on a SATURDAY???? That's just ghastly! Who cares about physical activity, getting my ass out of bed might prove to be the hardest part of all this! Wonder how bad it would be to fall asleep at the wheel of a bicycle? Isn't that what helmets are for? *winks*

Having a friend to share this with is pretty awesome. I currently don't have a bike rack, so she was nice enough to pick me up. We laughed a little, shared a few jokes, and it was a pretty good car ride. Once we arrived, we unloaded the bikes, strapped on our helmets, and waited for the mentors to arrive.

We were shown how to properly wear our helmets (which is probably important given how clumsy I am) taught how to check if our seats were at the right height, and then taught how to properly start and stop. Again...quite important for me (see previous reason!)

Once we got going it was one of the most relaxing things I've done in a long time. The wind was in my face, the sun was shining, before I knew it, we had done a full circle and were being asked if we wanted to go around again. Heck yeah!

All in all, it was a fabulous morning. I had one (hopefully) minor set back. In the midst of riding, my handlebars would not stay in position. I have to take it into the shop before I can ride again, but really, I can't wait to get back on. This may very well be my favorite of the three events.

Oh...and can I just tell you that I rocked my helmet!


There are good things to come people...I just need to stay motivated!

No comments:

Post a Comment