Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Does that come with an airbag?

My next adventure in preparation for the triathlon involves purchasing a bike. Should be simple, right? Hmmm...boy would we be wrong!

I haven't been on a bike since I was about 12 years old, and back then, you usually got someones hand me down and made the best of it.

I also remember the old days back in Manayunk where the way you learned to ride was by someone putting you at the top of the hill, letting you go, and yelling good luck as you rode what felt like 200 mph on the way back down the hill... all WITHOUT a helmet.

Boy have things changed...

There are road bikes, mountain bikes, and hybrid bikes. Bikes with cross bars, slant bars, and straight bars. How may gears do you want? Is is graded for your weight? What size frame do you want...? Huh? You mean I actually have to get fit for a bike?

Now that my brain's about to explode, I think I've finally settled on what I need, and I'm going to take a look at one tonight. Once that's taken care of, I get to go shopping for a helmet to fit my big head! Ha!

Combine all of this with the fact that I am a total and complete clutz. I'm starting to not be worried so much about my endurance, but more now about my incoordination. Maybe these new fangled bikes come with airbags? No...ok, can't blame a girl for hoping.

So dear friends...you should all start a pool and bet on how long it will take me to have my first wipeout!

I think there's money to be had in this... LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment