Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Winner Winner Pasta Dinner

So, I was in the mood to cook this evening, but I wanted something hearty and satisfying. It took me a little while but I found what sounded like a delicious pasta recipe on the Weight Watchers website. Now...I was a bit skeptical, but decided to give it a try anyways.

All my my 'ethnicities' are known for their food. I'm a delicious mix of Polish, Irish, and Italian all rolled up into one happy fat chick. Reading the words 'Low Calorie' in the same sentence as 'Pasta' was like trying to understand some type of foreign novel. It's just not a concept that I understand.

But I went with it...

Here's a link to the recipe:

http://www.weightwatchers.com/food/rcp/RecipePage.aspx?recipeID=51449


My only changes to the recipe (and for completely selfish reasons) were:

  • Using ground chicken instead of roasted (made it easier for me to measure)
  •  Using drained canned spinach instead of frozen (I HATE the taste of frozen spinach)

I served it with some steamed broccoli on the side.

Here's how it turned out:







Weight Watchers did a great job with this one...they were just gooey enough to be yummy. We'll definitely be making these again! 











Hubby Also made us a relatively waist friendly dessert consisting of pound cake, low-fat vanilla iced cream, and sugar free caramel sauce.










I've gotta say...I'm doing the happy fat chick dance tonight.

My stomach is quite pleased!

No comments:

Post a Comment