Friday, March 23, 2012

Oh What a Week!

It has been a bit of a roller coaster week for this fat chick, but I'm so happy it's Friday!



Although my week has been crazy, I have done pretty as far as food is concerned. In fact...I feel like I've made some pretty good choices:
  • I did not stop at McDonald's for Breakfast AT ALL this week...in fact, I only ate there once, and I chose nuggets! GO ME!

  • I have re-discovered a love for Veggies (In particular, Edamame, Celery, and Carrots) and no, despite what the evil little devil on my shoulder says, they do not need to be boiled to oblivion, covered in butter, or dipped in cheese to taste good!

  • I have not had one drop of Mt. Dew soda. I am enjoying the bubbly goodness of Vanilla Coke Zero or Diet Dr. Pepper Cherry.

My favorite find this week has been the 200 calorie "Snack Fresh" container from Harris Teeter.  Celery, Carrots, Light Ranch Dipping Sauce, and Colby Cheese bites. I'll be picking a few more of these up for lunches next week!




If anyone reading has a favorite healthy food find, I'd love to know about it!

My next challenge will be the weekend. Birthday celebrations for family are involved, but we're cooking at home, so I'll report back on how I do!

Ta Ta for Now!

3 comments:

  1. I've discovered the joy of roasted Brussels sprouts. Just wait til our Whole Foods opens. That'll be a shopping date!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brussels Sprouts make my house smell...lol...but I do love me some frozen grapes!

    ReplyDelete