Thursday, March 15, 2012

Food is Life?


As I sit here eating my biscuit, drinking my sweet tea, planning a family dinner, and wondering what deliciousness awaits me this weekend...It dawned on me that 'holy crap! My life kinda revolves around food!'

Isn't that the case for a lot of us? We meet friends for dinner, order popcorn at the movies, eat hot dogs at ball games, and not really think twice about it.

I grew up in a home where, although they made fun of my size, there was always some type of food on the counter. Without thinking about it, you walk by and just grab whatever's there. Between that, and a constant supply of soda, the chubby bar was set pretty high at an early age.

Now, as an adult, I am following the same pattern. Wash, rinse, repeat. When you're picking stuff off the counter or out of your fridge just because it's there, that's where the problem starts. Food should not become my life. It should be used as nourishment.

I signed up for a triathalon, so I'm trying to pay attention to myself and my habits. I know they will have to change or else I'll never make it through this. It's gonna be rough, but I'm strong. I can do this!

Now...I think perhaps I'll have a salad for lunch.
It is, after all, the Ides of March.

No comments:

Post a Comment