Friday, August 17, 2012

What's Next?

After the triathlon I took some time off...I remembered that I shouldn't really do that! It's just way too easy to slip back into the couch, and I felt myself starting to slide again. I joined the training group for the Triathlon because I needed a BIG goal to focus on. So, copying the page from that book, I've made some big plans to keep myself going:

Event #1
Greek Festival 5K - 08/18/12

This race is actually tomorrow! I've not been completely slacking, but definitely not running as much as I should. My previous running shoes 'died' during the triathlon and needed to retire. I waited, like the true procrastinator I am, before buying a new pair. But I'm digging down and finding my mojo again.


Event #2
Ramblin' Rose Charlotte Triathlon - 09/23/12

This race has distances that are just slightly longer then the one I completed last month, so that's a GREAT reason to keep training. After finding out that I have an allergy to certain pool chemicals, I will definitely need to get my butt back in the pool. My bike has also been out of commission since the last race. I've been so self involved, that I just haven't had to the chance to get it out to the shop and have it looked at. I have techniques to tweak, and endurance to build, but I WILL be ready!

Event #3
Ramblin' Rose Charlotte 5 Miler - 09/29/12

Because it's the week after the triathlon, I'm probably gonna draw upon the crazy card for this race, but upon completion it will be my longest foot race! My new shoes will surely be racking up the miles in the coming weeks!




Self motivation is key for me, and I will have to dig down deep and keep going. Even on those days when no one else will be out there with me, I have to keep this going!

No comments:

Post a Comment