Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Athlete's ESP

Wow...It's been a while! But things sure have been busy in the life of this fat chick!

It's time to work on my Athlete's ESP.
What's that you ask? Lemme explain:

E = Endurance

S = Speed

P = Perseverance

I think I've got things in the 'P' pretty much taken care of.
Remember the goals from my last post?

I am proud to report that I finished all THREE of those races!

This was a big accomplishment for me. It meant that since July, I've completed two 5K's, two sprint triathlons, AND a five mile mini marathon. Just a few months prior to that, I was basically sitting my butt on the couch and watching television every night. (Thank God for DVR's!) LOL!

It took a new runner friend to put things into perspective for me. I hadn't realized how far I've come. Everyone sees me smile, but what they don't hear is me constantly fighting the 'I Can't Monster' in my brain. I think that too often we are all clouded with self-negativity. We then lose sight of what we've accomplished along the way on the journey toward our goals. 

Working on the 'E' and the 'S' will just have to come with time and patience...

What's next you ask?
Guess who's gonna start training for a half marathon?

Hee Hee...Stay tuned! 


No comments:

Post a Comment