Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Divine Intervention and the Swim Cap.

I feel like I've been working my butt off! (Ha Ha...that could be considered a good thing; I guess?)

By the time this past Sunday rolled around, my muscles ached, my brain was tired, and I really just wanted to pull the covers up over my head and go back to sleep! Instead, I rolled out of bed, threw some clothes on and set about my Sunday chores.

The whole time I was working, I was arguing with myself about whether or not to skip my weekly swim. Quite frankly, I was in a foul mood and just wanted to be left alone. While waiting for one of my cleaners to set in, I decided to hop online and read a bit. I was searching for something to set me back on the right path, and it just wasn't hitting me.

So...I turned to prayer. But not just in my head...my head was too full of my to-do list for even me to hear, let alone some divine being. So I wrote it down. I even posted it on another social network. It started getting a few funny comments and likes. My spirits also started to lift (maybe breakfast was kicking in and giving me energy?) who knows, but whatever the reason, I decided to suck it up, change, grab my new swim cap, and head out to swim.

I usually jam on my way so I can psych myself up, but nothing was working so I started flipping through random local stations. As I was doing so, I heard the first few chords to a song, and instantly knew I needed to keep it on this station. I knew I was on the right path. I even had a little cry with myself, but when it was over, I felt refreshed, awake, and positive. The song was Amazing Grace. I needed it at that moment.

A Divine Intervention at it's best. I had a great swim that day. My cap stayed on, and one of the new girls even complimented me on my kicking...that made me feel REALLY good! The morning flew by before I knew it! I think I'm going to write my prayers down more often. Maybe someone can't hear what's in my head, but has a better time hearing me when I write. Either way...it ended up being a great day.

2 comments:

  1. Do we get to call you Dory now?

    Kristina, I am so proud of you. You're quite the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL Jenn...thanks! I'm glad someone got the Dory reference.

    ReplyDelete