Sunday, March 30, 2014

Ten Things I learned This Weekend

I had such a FANTASTIC weekend! I met wonderful people, tried some delicious food, and discovered a heck of a lot of new things. It was a great time all around! Here are TEN things I learned about at the Charlotte Gluten & Allergen Wellness Event:

1) You can get through anything with the right 'mix' of Faith, Hope, and Love.


Had the chance to sample delicious spice mixtures from the folks at Virtuous Living. Prided on 'wholesome values' this company understands that even with a special diet, food should still taste good. You can find their website HERE.

2) 'Bumba-Bees' are not scary...in fact, they're kind of adorable.

The folks at Bumbalooza make delicious gluten free bake mixes that are so easy to make; young ones can help you in the kitchen! You can find their website HERE.

3) Stepping out of your comfort zone can lead to meeting some REALLY cool people. 

 
This was the first event I went to where I didn't know ANYONE. Enter Pam. I met her at the Blogger Dinner. She is probably one of the most positive people I've met. She's a wonderful source of knowledge. Click HERE to check out her 'I'm a Celiac' website. 

4) Living with food sensitivities doesn't mean you can't 'Enjoy Life...' 


Discovering there was a chocolate bar that I could actually eat, made me jump with glee. No really...I totally bounced. THEN I found out they had a whole LINE of products! SO GOOD! Their website is HERE.

5) Maybe I am a role model...

A little girl recognized my flower from my facebook page. She knew who I was and asked for my autograph. I was blown away by her enthusiasm and the fact that she looks up to ME! Hands down one of the coolest moments ever!

6) Books are STILL important!


We sometimes forget that not everyone has the Internet. That's where THIS BOOK comes in handy! Actually; regardless of technology; The Gluten Free Buyers Guide is a fantastic thing to keep around! Y'all need this book! It takes the guessing out of shopping, and let's you know all about the good stuff...and for the ladies; It fits in your purse! Check out their website HERE.

7) It's OK to indulge, you just gotta know how. 


When you learn you have food issues, things can get overwhelming, and eating out can become quite scary. If you remember to do your homework ahead of time, things will get better...especially when you learn that the restaurant HAS A GLUTEN FREE MENU

8) Speaking of Indulging...

Tito's Handmade Vodka is gluten free. Enough said. Their website is HERE.

9) Chips and Dip are still a GREAT combo!


I snack on fruits and veggies...but I'll be honest and say that I still occasionally have that craving for crunchy munchy goodness. Discovering snacks like PLENTILS and ROOTS HUMMUS can definitely help a gal get through those days. 

10) My inner-athlete needed a boost.


After learning about my health issues and food sensitivities, I let training fall by the wayside. All of the things I used as 'fuel' for my training were now off limits. It's been a bit daunting, and even scary at times. Enter Veronica. She developed a snack for her training regimen, and decided to share it with the world. Meeting and talking with her has made me feel a little better about getting back out there! Check out her website HERE.

If you read all of this; thank you for your time! I hope you learned a thing or two! This weekend has reminded me that no matter what you're going through; there are ALWAYS others out there who understand. You just have to keep trying until you find them. 

Please keep an eye out for a Gluten & Allergen Wellness Event in your area! 

***************************************

Want more fun? Check out my Facebook page!

1 comment:

  1. It was great to meet you at the event! Bumbalooza thanks you for the kind words (and cute pic)!

    ReplyDelete